MSEC’s Lorrie Ray was recently interviewed by the Denver Business Journal about drinking in the workplace. If your company allows alcohol or you are thinking about allowing your employees to drink at work, here are some factors you may want to consider:
· Have a written policy that indicates what is acceptable and what is not.
· An employer may designate an event, or a specific time during the week or day that employees may use alcohol.
· Require employees to drink responsibly and urge them to understand their limits.
· To reduce liability, control the amount of alcohol served. Methods include drink tickets or having employees swipe their cards when getting alcohol from the refrigerator.
· If an employee gets intoxicated, don’t let them drive. Some employers will provide transportation to those who need it.
Click here to read the rest of the article.