1. This will force you to consider whether there are new policies you are following that you have not yet placed in the handbook.
2. Updating the handbook reminds employees to read the handbook. Well informed employees keep your organization running smoothly.
3. A review of your policies will help you to delete any policies that are no longer relevant or useful.
4. Reviewing the handbook annually and making minor changes is much quicker and easier than updating less often when major changes might be necessary.
5. Laws for the workplace change on rather constant basis. Updating the handbook annually keeps you alert to those changes.