Each Monday we will feature a Mountain States Employers Council (MSEC) member by providing five interesting facts about their organization. Interested in seeing your company as part of our feature? Email email@example.com.
1. Founded in Denver in 1962 by William E. Newland, Hercules Industries is celebrating their 50th anniversary.
2. In 2003, a group of Hercules employees created the “Metal of Honor,” a 501(c) (3) charitable organization. To date, this group has raised more than $500,000, all of which has been donated to causes such as the Samaritan Shelter, ovarian cancer research, the Children’s Cancer Center, Denver Children’s Advocacy Center, and Judi’s House.
3. With four manufacturing facilities and 12 sales and distribution centers throughout the Midwestern U.S.; including Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, and Phoenix, Hercules Industries is one of the largest companies of its kind.
4. Hercules Industries was one of the annual recipients of the Martin Luther King Social Responsibility Awards presented in January 2012.
5. The Hercules Denver Evans Avenue Manufacturing facility operates in a building that was once the Overland Cotton Mill and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.