1. Located 50 miles from the Continental Divide, Moffat County is the second largest county in Colorado.
2. Agriculture, drilling for oil and natural gas, and mining coal and other minerals are vital parts of the local economy.
3. One hundred and twenty acres of developed parks are within walking distance from city of Craig. Swimming and wave pools and basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts are located in the centralized city park.
4. One of the world’s outstanding collections of Western Americana is housed in the Museum of Northwest Colorado. The museum facilitates the preservation of historical structures and artifacts, education of citizens, and sponsorship of individuals and groups interested in family and historical research.
5. Moffat County is full of wide-open space, from Black Mountain’s golden aspens to rugged canyons in legendary Browns Park, the region offers diversity in landscape and is home to some of the largest deer and elk herds in North America.