1. The Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) is a nonprofit organization focused on developing earlier diagnostics and smarter medical treatments.
2. At TGen, investigators are pushing the limits of cutting-edge research and technology to discover the genetic causes of disease. Experiments that were impossible and impractical only a few years ago are now conducted every day.
3. TGen believes that curing diseases in the 21st century depends on understanding the genetic cause of the disease, and translating that information into new diagnostic tests and therapeutics.
4. Scientists’ knowledge of the human genome continues to expand, leading to unparalleled opportunities to study and understand diseases. Thanks to the mapping of the human genome, clinical practice is shifting from treatment based on symptoms to treatment based on each person’s unique genetic make-up, an approach known as personalized medicine.
5. TGen is on the cutting edge of translational research, where investigators are able to unravel the genetic components of common and complex diseases.