1. Denver Rescue Mission is the oldest, full-service Christian charity in the Rocky Mountain region. Since 1892, they have been meeting the needs of the poor and homeless through emergency services, community outreach, long-term rehabilitation, transitional program, and assistance for permanent housing.
2. Up to 1,500 meals are served daily at the Denver Rescue Mission facilities, and on average, more than 247 food boxes are distributed monthly to needy families. In 2011, Denver Rescue Mission served 611,574 meals and provided 251,590 nights of shelter.
3. On Friday, December 21, the Denver Rescue Mission will host its Annual Christmas Banquet. With the help of loyal supporters, this Christmas celebration is for those in need this holiday season. A festive meal, live Christmas music, and a new pair of thermal socks and a blanket will be offered to all guests.
4. They offer life skills, education, and career modules, unique computer-enhanced educational programs designed specifically for adult use in a mission setting. The program is a nationally recognized prototype that has served thousands of Denver Rescue Mission residents, as well as clients from other area shelters.
5. Denver Rescue Mission offers free medical, dental, optical, chiropractic, and referral services to those in need.