1. Since 1954, Delta Dental has been working to improve oral health and hygiene by emphasizing preventative care.
2. They are the first company to specialize in dental benefits. Their core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to their customers, partners, and consumers through dental benefits programs and philanthropic efforts.
3. Delta Dental of Colorado has designated $6 million to provide two years of free dental insurance to low-income people in the state. In the first six months of the program, nearly 3,000 people in need have received comprehensive dental treatment and Colorado dentists have been reimbursed more than $1.2 million.
4. In 2012, Delta Dental of Arizona Foundation awarded more than $300,000 in grants to 31 organizations providing essential dental programs for children. In addition, more than 100,000 toothbrushes and oral health supplies were provided to Arizona nonprofits, clinics, and schools.
5. Dental disease remains the most common chronic disease among children. Delta Dental is committed to ending this problem, and has invested millions of dollars in that effort.