1. Since its humble beginnings in 1967, Mike’s Camera has had a history of outstanding customer service, which resulted in wide recognition in both the photography industry, and the Boulder and Denver community. In fall of 2012 Mike’s Camera expanded by growing from three stores in the Boulder and Denver area to 13 with eight stores in Colorado and five stores in Northern California.
2. Mike’s Camera has also received additional awards, including repeat performances from the Boulder Daily Camera, Westword Magazine and The Boulder Weekly’s “Best of Awards” for “Best Camera Store”, Eastman Kodak Company’s “Best in Class” award for specialty camera stores, and the “Entrepreneur of the Year” award of Distinction in 2001 from the Boulder Chamber of Commerce.
3. Each customer-service staff member at Mike’s is required to qualify as a Certified Photographic Consultant (CPC), and then maintain that status. The CPC program, developed by the Photo Marketing Association International, is a comprehensive educational and testing program encompassing photography, digital imaging, and many aspects of photographic technology.
4. Mike’s Camera has the largest selection of photographic and video equipment in Colorado. They offer Boulder and Denver area consumers every imaginable type of image-capturing device, for every picture-taking opportunity.
5. Besides being a camera store, Mike’s offers a variety of services including printing, large and small, photo gifts such as greeting cards, mugs and other photo novelties, canvas and metal wall art, custom framing, and much more.