1. Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) was founded in 1989 by a group of visionary outdoor industry professionals who realized that “outdoor” could be much more than a passing consumer trend.
2. Today, OIA is the leading trade association and voice of the $646 billion outdoor recreation industry, serving more than 4,000 manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives, and retailers in the active outdoor lifestyle.
3. With offices Boulder, Colo., and Washington, D.C., OIA is the title sponsor of Outdoor Retailer and the trade voice representing a $646 billion industry. OIA supports the growth and success of the outdoor industry through its focus on government affairs, sustainability, outdoor consumer insights, industry trends, and youth participation.
4. OIA also established the Outdoor Foundation, a not-for-profit 501©(3) to inspire and grow future generations of outdoor enthusiasts.
5. Since its inception in 1989, OIA has accomplished a long list of achievements, ensuring the growth and success of the industry.