1. The Gathering Place is Denver’s only daytime drop-in center for women, their children, and transgender individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty.
2. Since 1986, they have been a community of safety and hope where positive relationships, choice, and essential resources transform lives.
3. Each month they serve an average of 2,159 different women and 413 different children.
4. They offer three nutritious meals, breakfast, lunch, and a hearty afternoon snack—every day and serve approximately 5,800 meals a month.
5. When The Gathering Place was founded in 1986, women and children made up 10 percent of Denver’s homeless population. Now they represent more than 50 percent and are the fastest growing segment of the homeless population.