- Formerly Allied Jewish Apartments, Kavod Senior Life is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization providing housing and services to older adults in the greater Denver area.
- Kavod’s mission is to provide life-enriching experiences to older adults through a broad range of housing and support services that reflect the spiritual, social, and cultural values of Jewish tradition.
- Last year, Kavod Senior Life won a Jewish Programming Award from the Association of Jewish Aging Services (AJAS) for Allied On The Go (now Kavod On The Road) outreach programming.
- They blend senior housing solutions with community-driven enrichment programs and a wide range of partnerships, both Jewish and secular. Through this network of partnerships, Kavod works collectively to enable seniors to age well while remaining vibrant and connected to their communities.
- As of 2015, seven residential units have been fitted with PEAC technology in Kavod’s buildings. PEAC is an automation control system that allows users with mobility impairments to interact and control their environments, including TVs, doors, blinds, thermostats, lights, and many other elements. They were the first HUD-funded community to install this kind of technology for residents with mobility impairments.
MSEC highlights a member every month. If you want to have your company featured on our blog and social media sites, contact Ashley Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.