Long considered the source of competencies HR professionals should aspire to master, the HRCI Book of Knowledge is overwhelming. With more than 90 content areas, it defines the required areas of knowledge for PHR/SPHR certification. Many are so complex that they define full-time jobs on their own. My research shows today’s HR professionals are expected to master these areas and, increasingly, to add value to their organization’s bottom line.
In many private-sector companies, the “C” Suite demands HR be more of a “Business Partner” and less a paper-pushing “technician.” Managing a staggering array of compliance and regulatory requirements keeps HR plenty busy, leaving precious little time for strategic business initiatives. Can HR professionals realistically attain such a depth and breadth of knowledge, and also contribute as a Business Partner? Are you up to the challenge? If so, read on …
MSEC Library resources can help you make that jump to being a well-rounded HR professional.
- Customized research assistance: contact me with the issue you need researched, and I’ll compile a variety of reliable, quality resources to help you move forward.
- Personal guidance: not sure how to use MSEC’s Library resources? I’ll help!
- Hard-copy books and magazines: browse the MSEC Library catalog online through the member portal (see link “Library” in the left column on the MSEC.org member home page). Our diverse collection includes materials covering the HRCI Book of Knowledge competencies: o
- Business Management and Strategy
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Risk Management
What level HR professional are you today? Are you starting off your career and need a little bit of everything? Are you mid-career and need a boost to become a valued Business Partner? Are you a seasoned HR Pro and seek inspiration to strategically advance your organization and take HR to the next level? Wherever you are in your HR career, contact me and let’s discuss what the MSEC Library can do for you! Reach me at email@example.com or 800.884.1328.
More career-boosting HR Business Partner learning options: