- Community Shares was founded in 1986 by eight nonprofits seeking to change the face of workplace giving. Originally called The Alternative Fund, Community Shares gave a home to nonprofit organizations that did not fit the mold of existing workplace giving federations. Their members included grassroots nonprofits and new issue areas such as social justice, respect for all individuals, environmental conservation, and community-owned arts.
- Community Shares represents 100+ local nonprofits in 150+ partner worksites across Colorado.
- Each year, Community Shares reaches more than a quarter million Coloradans and inspires nearly $3 million in donations.
- Any business can offer workplace giving through Community Shares! At no cost to the business, Community Shares helps set up the option for employees to easily participate in workplace giving, and they follow each business every step of the way to ensure that the process remains easy and fun.
- In November 2015, Community Shares was awarded the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Excellence by a small nonprofit for our focus on integrity and financial clarity.
If you want to be highlighted on our blog, please email Ashley Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.