Developing effective supervisors should be a top priority for every organization. The Supervision Certificate program is a comprehensive program that covers topics related to motivation, communication, employee development, performance appraisal, discipline, government regulations, conflict, leadership, delegation, and other subjects with application to the work environment.
WHO THIS IS FOR
First- and second-level supervisors
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Call 800.884.1328, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the links below.
Upon completion of the required classes, contact MSEC registration to receive your certificate. Call 800.884.1328 or email email@example.com. Some classes qualify for HRCI or SHRM credits. Refer to our online catalog at MSEC.org for more information.
REQUIRED CORE CLASSES
Participants must complete the following classes:
- Developing Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Generations: Working Together
- Interviewing and Hiring I
- Legal Issues for Supervisors and Managers
- Managing Effective Meetings
- Performance Documentation Skills
- SKILLSCOPE: A Multi-Rater Assessment Tool for Supervisors and Managers
- Supervision: Core Competencies
- Supervision: The Art of Managing Up
ADDITIONAL CLASSES – TAKE TWO
Participants must also complete two of the following classes:
- Communicating Effectively in Difficult Situations for Managers and Supervisors
- Communication Tools for Maximizing Performance
- Conflict Self-Management
- Cultivating Your Listening Skills
- Customer Relations: Making the Connection
- Delegation: A Strategy for Empowerment
- Developing Presentation Skills
- Discrimination in the Workplace: The Law of EEO
- Harassment Prevention for Managers and Supervisors
- Leadership: Why Would Anyone Want to Follow You?
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Managing Stress in the Work Environment